A lot of things bring me joy, like mashed potatoes, Cabernet, and the word Zesty, but the last day or so has me questioning whether I can feel anything except unadulterated GAAAAAAAH. So here are a few of my more recent obsessions, from before election day when I still liked things. I’m willing to share with you. Please, enjoy. Or at least try to.
1. *The same photo of Jeff Goldblum every day Facebook page.
2. My Favorite Murder podcast. Stay sexy, don’t get murdered.
3. **The Bloggess (Delve into the archives to avoid election stuff.)
5. The Valdivian rain forest, home to miniature animals (see Planet Earth I, Seasonal Forests.) It’s officially on my list of places to go.
7. This UPMC commercial, even though UPMC is kind of the devil.
9. Ghost Adventures: Bros hunting ghosts. It’s as amazing as it sounds.
10. Maeve on WestWorld and the instrumental version of Radiohead’s Motion Picture Soundtrack.
12. Octopuses, in general! But more specifically the book, The Soul of an Octopus by Sy Montgomery. It’s a study of what makes an animal or being sentient. It’s pretty much WestWorld with way more octopuses, way less nudity, and way less of the words “fuck”, “fucking”, and “fucked”.
*Also this picture that someone comments on every single photo of Jeff Goldblum.
**To make it easier on you, I will direct you to a Bloggess post about metal chickens.
**Any sized waffles are good, but I like the mini ones for the same reason I like the mini animals of the Valdivian forest….because they are mini.